Friday, 25 March 2016

Words on Solitude

Original Picture taken from StockSnap
"My solitude doesn't depend on the presence or absence of people; on the contrary, I hate who steals my solitude without, in exchange, offering me true company."
                                                                                                                          Friedrich Nietzsche
I feel so intensely the delights of shutting oneself up in a little world of one's own, with pictures and music and everything beautiful.
                                                                                                        Virginia Woolf, the voyage out
 "I like a lonely walk" I went on "at the end of a day full of people: it's always, to me, on such occasions, quite as if something has happened that the mind wants to catch and fix before the vividness fades. So I mope by myself an hour - I take stock of my impressions."
                                                                                                         Henry James, the sacred fount
 I need to be alone. I need to ponder my shame and my despair in seclusion; I need the sunshine an the paving stones of the streets without companions, without conversation, face to face with myself, with only the music of my heart for company.
                                                                                                          Henry Miller, tropic of cancer
"I love walking in the woods, on the trails, along the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one's batteries."
                                                                                                                           Grace Kelly
"Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement."
                                                                                                                                      Alice Koller
"I enjoy controlled loneliness. I like wandering around the city alone. I'm not afraid of coming back to an empty flat and lying down in an empty bed. I'm afraid of having no one to miss. Of having no one to love."
                                                                                                                            Kuba Wojewodzki

No comments:

Post a Comment