Monday, 7 September 2015

Living the Cosy Life

 
Picture taken from unsplash
 It is still early in the morning. A short look out of the window shows green meadows, with a veil of cold air still lingering. The leaves have recently started to show themselves in their most wonderful colours: rich reds, browns and golden yellow.  It is Autumn.
Due to the chilliness I put on my morning coat and make my way into the kitchen, where I make myself a cup of tea and indulge in a rich breakfast. Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. 

I feel my cat brushing my legs. So, I bend down to caress her and give her something to eat, too. 
Together, we go to my little study room. It is filled with books all the way up to the ceiling. Some are old, some are new, but all of them are very well loved
With one last yawn I grab my blanket and a book to cuddle up in the nook by the window. I have never been a morning person, but this is the best way to gather up the energy needed for a long solitary walk.

Reading, dreaming and walking. 

This is what Autumn was made for.

2 comments: