Sunday, 20 September 2015

Appreciation Sunday #16

Photo taken by yours truly
 For the past two weeks I had been on holiday with my parents and the dogs in Bavaria
We came back yesterday after a long car journey and today I packed my things to return to my flat. 
The feeling, when you come home after a long time is always so fulfilling. I love being back in my familiar surroundings, with a comfortable bed and all of my books at arm's length. 

But I am going to miss the nature
Mountains, forests and lakes will always be my favourites among the sceneries our planet has to offer.
The solitude and the silence give me enough space to recharge.

I also went to Munich for three days to see my dearest friend, whom I hadn't seen for quite a while.
Those three days inolved a lot of walking, delicious food and all of the usual silliness that I enjoy so much. We went to the castle of Nymphenburg, indulged in some beautiful and weird paintings and shared some wonderful meals she had cooked herself (sometimes I'm really envious of her effortlessness in the kitchen). 

After my return to my parents we spent our days walking, going to the sauna and I finally able to do the tandem flight my mother had given to me on my birthday. It was the most amazing experience! And also not as scary as I thought it would be. For almost half an hour I was up in the sky, placed in a comfortable seat, just to fall down on my knees when we touched the ground. 

At the end of our holiday we decided that we are ready for something new the next time, as we have already seen most of the sights, which is exciting. But I am not going to lie, I'll miss it. I'll miss being able to see Neuschwanstein from the window of my room.. I'll miss the Alpsee. I'll miss the now almost familiar paths and trees. 

Thank you, Bavaria, for two amazing weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment