Tuesday, 29 September 2015

After Work Serenity

Original Photo taken from StockSnap
 After a hard or even just tedious day at work, there is this wonderful moment, when I get to lock the door of the shop. After smiling and and exchanging pleasantries for hours it feels nice to know, that now, nobody will be able to disturb me while I tend to the final chores of my work day: cleaning, restocking, counting and ultimately winding down.
While I do not enjoy the late shift that much, this is the only time when I get this kind of gratification. Once the early shift is over I just switch places with my colleague, grab my things and I'm out. However, this whole locking the door and cleaning the shop feels like a ritual of easing myself into closing time.
The moment I have changed back into my own clothes and left the shop, I like to take a deep breath.
I am free again. I am anonymous.

No more silly questions.
No more being nice to other people, except if I want to. 

On my way home I like to think about what I am going to eat for dinner. I often decide what to watch on Netflix and generally prepare myself mentally for my precious pyjama-time.  

Once I arrive at my apartment, I am finally a private person again.
I am not available for trivial conversations. I am without duties and without a bra (one of the most important things, to be honest).  

Okay, this whole affair might be ridiculous for all the people out there who actually have a full-time job, while I am just doing this part-time thing where I get to spend no more than 6 hours on one shift. But at the same time it is still work and thinking about it, in one year, I am hopefully going to be employed full-time, too. 
So, I guess, I have to enjoy this while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment