Sunday, 23 August 2015

Appreciation Sunday #15

Picture taken by yours truly
Yesterday, one of my dearest friends got married
Well, actually she got married the week before, but it was just the civil ceremony and well, sometimes it only becomes real, when you see the bride walking down the aisle with a with a veil right alongside her proud father. It was truly a wonderful day. The bride looked stunning - of course. 
There was plenty of food and we danced until the early morning. Naturally, there were some tears, but they were all due to complete and utter happiness
I take you to the candy shop~ wait, or just the lovely candy bar at the wedding??
 As I'd already told you, this was the first wedding in my close circle of friends and even though it scared me, this whole day made me once again realise how perfectly natural it was, for the two of them to get married. I guess, there are a few fortunate couples on this planet where you can really feel that they belong together. 

I went to bed at about 5 o'clock this morning, so I don't think I have to tell you how much fun we'd had. 
Five hours later I was up again. It's almost time for bed now, and I still don't feel any more lively than in the morning. That's when you notice you're not getting any younger. 

Later in the day, we went to the lake where my stepfather used to fish. Sadly, the lady who owns the lake wants to sell it. So, we won't be able to go there anymore. It was our very last afternoon there. We had come to this lake for many years now, though not as frequent as we wanted to during the past 2 years (well, German weather...). It was always a lovely, short escape from our daily life. 
Every time, my mother used to prepare some nice salads and meat for the grill, we would load our tents into the car, grab the dogs and after a 20 minute drive we'd found ourselves in perfect solitude
Apart from this lake, there are only trees, fields and a few birds (who are loud as hell in the morning). 
Greetings from the pugs!
Going there this one last time made me a bit melancholic. It is one of those pieces of my childhood that suddenly vanished. Again, it reminds me of the fact that I am actually an adult, believe it or not. 

I still believe it is just a very bad joke.  

Is it weird to be almost in your mid-20s and you can still not really understand what is happening around you? Anyway, I am glad that got the chance to come back to this place for one last time (ignoring the fact, that I actually dozed off quite a few times).

No comments:

Post a Comment