Wednesday, 1 October 2014

The British TAG [Blogtober 2014 #1]

This lovely, little TAG has been around for quite a while now, but I feel like it is especially appropriate considering the fact hat Autumn is finally here. Perhaps this is just some weird kind of connection that only makes sense for me, but I feel like Autumn and everything British can be considered as awesome. My first time in England was in Autumn, now that I think about it. 
Anyway, without further ado, my first entry for this year's Blogtober

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?
This depends. Until a few months ago I barely drank any tea at all. Even now I sometimes go weeks without a single cup, but then there are those days when I drink up to 3 or 4 cups without any sugar. 
Most of the time I drink mint, green or fruit teas. Yummy!

2. Favourite part of your roast?
Apart from the meat itself I would go with the gravy in combination with potatoes. 
Sometimes there is nothing better than these golden little babies covered with an aromatic, hearty sauce. 


3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
Honstely? I don't dunk. Ever. I prefer to enjoy my beverage and my snack seperately, but I'd never say no to a simple cookie to nibble on while chatting and drinking the day away.


4. Favourite quintessentially British past time?
Mayb it is just one of those positive prejudices, but I often imaine fancy British families that either live on the countryside or go there over the weekends to spend some quality time taking walks and drinking tea.
Another major favourite would be going to pubs. Good beer, a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and a some good friends. Do you need anything else in the world?

5. Favourite word?
I am a huge swearer. Maybe that is why I like the word "bloody" so much. 
To me it sounds like a surprisingly sophisticated way of swearing. But I also love the more positive expression "Bloody brilliant!". I don't even know why, but it always excites me whenever someone uses this term. 


6. Cockney Rhyming Slang?
Actually I didn't know any specific words until I saw this TAG for the first time, but I really came to like "pork pies". 

7. Favourite Sweet?
I am a huge sucker for Skittles. They are probably the most useless kind of food (next to Twinkies), but I love them! I am also very fond of fudge even though I can eat it only in very small quantities.

8. What would your pub be called?
It is not a secret that I have a weak spot for pugs. So obviously it should have something to do with pugs. 
Maybe I'd go with "The Prancing Pug". I mean, come on! A pug. Prancing! You can't get any cooler than that!


9. No. 1 British Person?
This question is SO hard. Especially among British actors are so many brilliant ones, but I think I will have to go with Audrey Hepburn
She was only half British, but I still think that it counts. To me she did not only have an inimitable, elegant sense of fashion. She also was and still is to me the embodiment of effortless chic, humanity and modesty - and of course she was a marvellous actress.
Other major human favourites are Cary Grant, Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, Jamie Oliver and Keira Knightley.

10. favourite Shop/Restaurant?
HMV all the way. In the days of going all digital it might not be appropriate anymore, but I have this weird urge to possess things materially. Just being able to watch something on Netflix doesn't satisfy me. 
also, HMV always has amazing deals compared to the ones I usually get in German stores. 

11. What British song pops into your head?
"Wonderwall" by Oasis. Timeless classic. 
The last time I listened to it was at a bar and I associate it with a lot of good memories.
I know this is probably the most unoriginal answer for this question, but this is how I roll everyone!


12. Marmite
Ugh. Run you fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment