Friday, 17 October 2014

Haul for a cosy weekend [Blogtober 2014 #9]

Today I took a walk into town to drop off a bag of old clothing at H&M and as I was already there, I thought to myself: "Why not browse around a little bit?"
The temptations were numerous, especially at the Body Shop sale (which I will make use of next week), but I stayed strong.

Well, most of the time, because there were a few things that I got. Once I arrived at home to look at my new acquisitions in all their glory I realized something:

This is a perfect little kit for a cosy weekend at home!

1) DVDs
This time I went for "Love Actually" (2003) and "Anna Karenina" (2012). Love Actually has been one of my favourite christmas films for years, but I never got around to buy it. Since it was on sale  and it won't be long until December, I figured I should just get it.
Initially I went to the store just to get Anna Karenina, but you know how things go once you are inside a shop surrounded by your favourite things (in my case books and DVDs).

I still remember the day when I went to the cinema to see Anna Karenina with my mother. I was truly impressed by the visuals and the costumes. The story itself was not one of my favourites to be honest, but ever since I started listening to the marvellous soundtrack again, composed by Dario Marianelli, it sucked me in and I decided to give it another go.

2) Wool
Knitting is one of my favourite pastimes during the colder months. Not only does it keep me occupied, it also prevents me from eating all the time. I have already finished a scarf this season in a browny, caramel colour, but I have also started knitting a burgundy one to add a subtle pop of colour to my outfits.

3) Peanut butter cups & tea
About two weeks ago I bought a pot of Ben & Jerry's ├╝ber delicious peanut butter cup ice cream, when I suddenly realized that I have never had a real peanut butter cup in my entire life. Being a lover of peanut butter (on bread with banana-slices, yummy!) things could not go on that way, so I picked up a package of Reese's peanut butter cups at our local English Shop.

Of course I could not leave without some tea.
After a bit of thought I went with the Twinings Cranberry & Rasperry one, because I don't drink "adult teas". I am drinking it right now as I am writing this post and I have to say it is very good. The colour of this tea is lovely and so is the smell of it. It tastes slightly sour, but very fruity and rich. It would be a good base for an ice tea, too.

Definitely recommended to everyone who likes fruit teas!
With all of these items in my possession I know that I will spend my Saturday in the livingroom knitting away, while drinking tea, eating peanut butter cups and watching films. There could be worse prospects, am I right?


What is your perfect kit for a cosy weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment