Thursday, 23 October 2014

8 cases of accidental happiness [Blogtober 2014 #12]

Original Picture found on Unplash
 Not too long ago I wrote something about daily pleasures. Most of them are susceptible or you can easily make them yourself, but there are also things you can not influence.
You may call it a coincidence or luck, but at the same time they can happen to you every day  which makes them  special as well as within reach. So always be on the lookout!

1. Pugs (or any kind of furry friend of your choice)
To me a pug is the ultimate symbol of instant happiness. Whenever I see one on the street wiggling it's little tail, it doesn't matter how shitty the day was before. Just one look is enough to feel this irresistible urge to smile and suddenly life is not that bad anymore.

2. "Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!"
Sometimes I put my hands in the pockets of my jeans and find random coins of money in them. Usually it is not much- just 50 cents or one to two euros, but it still is some money, right? While this sudden blessing won't buy me a new book, it still feels great to have that little bit of extra pocket money (literally!).

3. Retrieved Goods
If you are like me you always relocate things (i.e. loose them). First, you fret about it. Then, you forget about it. These things might be lost forever in the void of the Bermuda Triangle of your room, but sometimes they find their way back to you - and when they do it's always a happ reunion.

4. Sales
This point is a bit of a tricky one, because sales are always dangerous and sometimes they end up with you having spent way more money than you actually wanted to, but there is this rare thing when an item you really, really want goes on sale and you can finally get it for a pretty good deal. This applies to clothes, books even food (I freak out every time my favourite deep-frozen pizza is on sale).

5. Your favourite song from way back when on the radio
Normally, I do not listen to the radio, because the music doesn't appeal to me. 
Sometimes however there are these well known tunes - songs that you used to listen to when you were young and innocent. So you turn the music up and sing as loud as you can. It makes driving so much more fun and amuses all the people passing by who then ask themself: "What is wrong with her?" Well, nothing, just having a good time over here!

6. Rainbows
Oh, come on! Don't tell me that you never get excited when one of these colourful motherfuckers turns up out of the blue?

7. An honest compliment
I am very bad at accepting compliments. I often tend to downplay them, but they do make me happy once I realize that the person giving it is truly honest about it. The same goes for giving someone a(n unexpected) compliment and seeing their reaction. I always feel like a good compliment is one of the easiest ways to make someone happy.

8. Updates from my web-favourites
A lot of bloggers/vloggers have set schedules for their videos and posts, but a lot of them post on an irregular bases. When one of them finally uploads something, I immediately grab my cup of tea and spend the rest of the day in my own blissful little cloud (especially when the content is extra interesting). 
Also, I always forget about their schedules so for me basically every video/post is a nice surprise.


When do you feel lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment