Sunday, 7 September 2014

My essentials for a cosy Autumn

Autumn is by far my favourite season of the year.
The temperatures slowly start to drop and once again we can wear our beloved chunky knits. Of course I know that a lot of you are sad, because summer is about to end, but I feel like there are so many little things that make autumn hugely enjoyable too.

Knits: Because it is not yet winter, it might not be very wise to put on your very thick knits yet, but a loose, soft pullover conveys that keeps you warm during those chilly mornings creates the feeling of security and comfort.
My personal favourite is my oversized cashmere pullover that I got for 20 pounds from Anderson and Sons in Edinburgh. I can honestly say that this my most valued possession (at least fashion wise).

Keep your feet neat: Most women put an emphasis on their feet during summer, because they want to them off in little sandals. During autumn they disappear in our booties and sneakers. However that is when they need even more attention.
So, in the evenings right before bed timeI like to sit down and massage them with my Lush Lemony Flutter balm, which leaves them soft and refreshed. Afterwards I put on a pair of fluffy socks (another crucial essential!).

One pot dishes: Whether it is a soup, a chili or one of the infamous one pot pasta dishes, these babies are perfect for the colder months. Sometimes you just feel like doing nothing and that might include standing in the kitchen to prepare something to eat. On those days it is always good to have some leftovers in the freezer to heat up.
Moreover there is a somehow calming feeling about putting all of your ingredients into one simple pot. Slowly but surely they transform into a lovely meal you can indulge on a rainy day.

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.": These famous lines were spoken by Clark Gable at the end of the film classic Gone with the Wind. Films are always a good option to keep you entertained, but especially now I have a sweet spot for them. Covered up with a blanket and a cup of tea I am ready to watch my all time favourites over and over again. Most of them tend to be either classics and/or costume films.

Personal Favourites:
  •  Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
  • Some like it hot (1959)
  • Charade (1963)
  • Marie Antoinette (2006)
  • Pride and Prejudice (2005)
  • Casanova (2005)
  • The Duchess (2008)
A strong lip: During the summer I often prefer to put on light coral lipsticks or reds with only light coverage and a shiny finish. Now I gravitate more towards flamboyant, visible colours. I'm still too conservative for bright fuchsias and berries, but I do love a deep red to brighten up my complexion.

How do you create your perfect Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment