Wednesday, 24 September 2014

[Meal Peek] Baked Butternut Pumpkin


It has been quite a while since my last meal peek, but recently I have been trying out a lot of new dishes which I might share with you in the future. The reason being is that I was stuck in my cooking routine a long time, always making the same dishes. I liked them, but I needed a bit more variation.

I tried out chili sin carne, ratatouille, soups and today I used my first butternut pumpkin in the kitchen.

I cut it up and put the pieces on a baking tray. Then I added some zucchini and an orange bell pepper (though a red one might be a prettier option) and drizzled a bit of garlic infused oil over it. A bit of salt and pepper and into the oven it went for about 20-25 minutes at 180°c.
In the meantime I jumped under the shower and got ready for my afternoon.
This is really a great dish for those days when you feel lazy and do not want to spend hours in the kitchen. 

When I took the tray out of the oven the veggies still had a bite to them, but were not raw.
What I like the most about this dish is that it is so unbelievably easy to prepare and so variable:
You can use pumpkin, potatoes, bell peppers, aubergines, carrots... basically any kind of vegetable you have at home. Add some cloves of garlic or an onion or fresh herbs (like thyme and rosemary) for some extra taste.
A nice, healthy bowl of veggies that's low on carbohydrates
 Yummy!


 What are your easy go to recipes for lazy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment