Sunday, 21 September 2014

Appreciation Sunday #13 [Autumn and new hair]

Today is officially the beginning of Autumn, my favourite season. Many people I know are not really happy about the fact that Summer is over now, but to me wearing cozy sweaters and boots is a lot more comfortable than shorts and T-Shirts.

Furthermore this is my first Appreciation Sunday in September. I took a break from it to put my "writing energy" into other topics that were on my mind. I will continue this series in the future, but it won't be a weekly thing.

So much for the introduction, now let's get to the things that made my life sweet and easy recently.

First of all I got myself a haircut on Tuesday. Have you ever experienced this strong urge to just chop all of your hair off when you look in the mirror? Well, this is what happened on Tuesday night. Suddenly I could not stand the way my hair looked. So I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut it to shoulder length and I am really satisfied with the outcome. It is so effortless and chic!

Another major favourite was grocery shopping. On Monday I had to work from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. When I left the office it was such a lovely, sunny late afternoon and even though I was extremly tired I was looking forward to go shopping. Somehow it felt quite therapeutic browsing the shelves and  discovering new products.
It is really amazing how grocery shopping can sometimes turn out to be more exciting than shopping for clothes and make-up.

Talking of make-up: caramel or brownish shades on the eyes with bare lashes have been a big thing for me these days. Mascara has never been one of my favourite make-up items, because it is such a hassle to remove, but when I watched a video by Essiebutton about Burberry's make-up trend for SS 2015, this look was taken on to a whole new level.
I am talking about the red lip and glowing cheeks. This look in combination with my new haircut came pretty close to perfection - if I may say so myself.

So, these were the things that excited me during the past few days. How do you feel about the arrival of Autumn? And more importantly:

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment