Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Skincare Routine for Lazybones [Night time]

First of all, I have to say that I generally love skincare. I'm always excited when I get to try out a new product, but at the end of the day when I just want to go to bed and watch one more episode of Hannibal things have to go quickly without many steps.
So, this is the routine that I go through on days when I really need the whole shabang.

Removing the Make-Up
I don't wear make-up everyday but when I do I need a product that gets the job done easily. At the moment I am using the Camomile Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop.
I would not say that this is my favourite make-up remover. Even though it works very well with eye shadows and powders, it gets a bit difficult when it comes to mascara.

Cleansing
Here I usually get to choose between two options. The first one is a cleanser with a gel consistency that foams up nicely, when I apply it (for example my Skin Food Honey & Black Tea Jelly Foam) I use it on days when I feel like my skin needs a deeper cleanse especially when I wore more make-up than usual on that day.
My second option would be a creamy cleanser, that leaves my skin feeling nourished and soft, because sometimes I just need that little bit of extra moisture.
In general I don't think that it is necessary to invest in high end cleansers - at least for me. They are simply a medium to wash away dirt and old skin cells. The main work is done by the products that stay on the skin for a longer time. 

Toning
This step is optional, because honestly: I often forget it. This step isn't even necessary, but when things get reall fancy in the bathroom my routine would not be complete without a nice smelling, alcohol free toner to finish up the cleansing process.

Moisturizing
At night a rich moisturizer is the way to go for me. For a few weeks I've been using the Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil, which I have been extremly satisfied with. The smell is pleasant and I need only a little bit. Afterwards my skin feeld nourished and soft.
 And because I am not getting younger each day, I also put on a bit of eye cream. Here I like to use something more moisturizing as well. To prevent premature wrinkling, you know? And because my eyes deserve it after a long day of being glued to the computer screen.
Current Eye Cream: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye Cream
A bit of lipbalm to finish it off and I am ready for bed. My favourite for my often dry lips is the Aloe Lip Care from The Body Shop (what else,right?).

This routine is something that works for me and my combination skin, so every product might have a different effect on you.On some days I even skip this routine completely and go to bed without even washing my face. Gross, right? It is a true blessing, that my skin is so forgiving.


What are your favourites for a good night time routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment