Sunday, 31 August 2014

Appreciation Sunday #12 [Reconnecting and Refueling]

After the last Appreciation Sunday turned out to be a horrible rant about the world being all dark and bad, this week I had some time to reconnect and find a bit of new optimism.

First of all, I went out on Monday to visit one of my best friends one last time, because as I am writing she is already in Munich to start a new chapter of her life. We ate, we laughed, we chatted. It was perfect. The next day was a very chilled out evening watching films with another friend. You know? The one who sadly had to cancel our meeting the week before, but now I was even happier to see her again.

However the most amazing thing that happened, was that I got to see my best friend from elementary school whom I hadn't seen in about four years. We went out for a few drinks and basically chatted the night away having a really great time. In the end we came to the conclusion that we have to do this again as soon as possible.

In elementary school we were almost inseparable, but after our transfer to high school we somehow lost sight of each other even though we were in the same class. There was no big fight or argument we simply developped in different ways. A few weeks ago we started writing each other again on Facebook and then on Saturday we finally met.

Growing up is a scary process, but I have to say that sometimes it is amazing to see how we constantly change - how we slowly grow up. Both of us had to laugh about all those little things that bothered us in the past. They seem small now, but back then they meant the world to us.
I really do hope that we will be able to somehow rebuild this strong bond that we used to have in the past.

Apart from doing well at socializing, this week was a culinary success as well:
Smoked trouts, selfmade granola, an amazing pepper soup and pizza
And how could I forget about my tasty joghurt with oats, bananas red currants??
This week turned out to be a lot better than the one before and it made me realize that after particularly bad times things will eventually get better and you will appreciate them even more. So, in case you are finding yourself in a slump right now I encourage you to stay strong and try to find silver lining in every single moment of your day.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment