Sunday, 17 August 2014

Appreciation Sunday #10 [It's good to be home]

My holiday with the family is now officially over.
Right now I am sitting at my desk in little apartment in Bonn and only another day separates me from the restart of my regular life.

After two weeks it is certainly a good feeling to be home, to sleep in your own bed and be surrounded by the things you are accustomed to. But I am so glad that I got the chance to go on this trip together with my parents and the pugs.

While the first week was packed with a lot of walks and loads of activities the second one was rather laid-back. We visited Neuschwanstein castle, walked around the Alpsee at night (which was loads of fun!) and went to the spa.
Twice.

Actually our stay at the spa might be my personal favourite of this second week.
Eight hours filled with transferring between so many different saunas and treatments and a good meal in between. Afterwards I felt so relaxed, my skin was über-soft and the overall feeling of pure satisfaction filled my soul.
In case you ever come to Schwangau, you have to visit the "Königliche Kristalltherme"!

Other than that we visited the neighbouring city of Füssen, which turned out to be a very successful trip, because I managed to pick up two books from 1914/15 for 3€ - major win!
The city itself is not very big, but it has a lovely old city centre and is definitely worth a trip or two.

Füssen: Home of a lot of second hand stores and lovely, little houses
By the way, the Austrian border is almost just around the corner.
A forest adventure park near Füssen, the mountains in the back already belong to Austria
On the whole I sure hope to come back to Bavaria maybe next year, because to me it was a perfect family-holiday: no stress and no fuss.

 Also, I finally started watching the series "Hannibal" and wow, this is some good stuff!
Dark, intelligent, beautifully shot and Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter is pure perfection.
Can't wait to finish this week off with two or three episodes of this.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment