Monday, 14 July 2014

Appreciation Sunday #5 (on Monday)

Well, what should I say? This week, especially yesterday was just crazy! Germany won the World Cup after a long, exhausting match and I could not be happier. This game had everything: tension, class, sweat, blood and emotions. Argentina was a more than worthy opponent. They made it very hard for us to win. At times I really thought it would be impossible. I already expcted a penalty shoot-out until Götze finally made the deciding goal. This sudden feeling of happiness and losing all the tension that had built up during the last hour can not be described.

Of course this match can not be compared to the overwhelming victory on Tuesday against Brazil, which is still unbelieveable, but what should you expect from a final? It is not supposed to be easy. It is not supposed to fall into one's lap just like that.

After the game the entire city seemed to be engaged in one big party. Some people were of course a bit too enthusiastic, but the bottom line is, that everyone was having a great time.

Apart from football which was the most important aspect of this week, I went to see a play on Tuesday as well, which almost kept me from making it home on time to watch the game.
The Bonn University Shakespeare Company played "The Twelfth Night", a play I didn't know until then.
First off, I might have to admit, that I'm not too much into Shakespeare. He does have a nice kind of humour, but watching one of his plays can be very strenuous, as the language is quite complicated for a non native speaker.
However I really enjoyed watching this play. The story had a few very good twists and the last act was just hilarious. The actors did a great job at portraying the different characters - the most memorable being Malvolio.

Next week, I will be at the cinema for Hayao Miyazaki's final masterpiece "The wind rises" (kaze tachinu). Also, there will be a birthday party on Saturday. The theme? Let me just give you a few keywords: Clueless, Pokémon, Backstreet Boys and The Big Lebowski. So, stay tuned for that!

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment