Sunday, 29 June 2014

Appreciation Sunday #3


In retrospect this entire week seemed to be about rediscovering old favourites,cherishing the little things and creating space for myself. There were no major happenings that got me really excited (except for football), but there were many moments, when I thought to myself: Yes, I am really enjoying my life right now!

Taking a day off: Remember that person I am going out with at the moment? When he came over last Sunday, we stayed up quite late. So I made the decision to just sleep in and not go to uni and it was probably the decision I made this week. Why? Because that Monday, the day I usually dread the most, turned out to be like a Sunday, but a good one (not the one with closed shops and nothing to do). I got up late, went to the gym, picked up fresh cherries at the market and went grocery shopping. It was nothing special, but this entire day was so relaxing that it felt like a short holiday

Le winged liner: Months back I was almost addicted to wearing winged liner. Combined with a bright lip and a light blush it immediately takes an otherwise plain outfit to a whole new level. It looks sophisticated, but never out of place. But as life goes, I got lazy and I did not want to spend much time in the mornings putting on my make-up.
But recently I had this urge to make myself look a bit more presentable. Maybe I had looked at too many photos of Audrey Hepburn, but when I went to the drugstore at the beginning of the week a new liquid liner found its way into my make-up collection and what can I say? I am in love!
Yep,that's me. Taking a photo of myself is always such a hassle
Grocery shopping: I love food and people who say that food can't be a hobby, well, they are liars! And this week, on Friday to be exact, I became aware of the fact that do not only love eating, but also the process of acquiring food. After a long day at work I made my way to the gym for a sweaty workout. I realized that I still needed some things to get me through the weekend and on my way home I stopped by the grocery store. I. was. amazed. Normally I just rush through with my little list and leave quickly, but this time I was completely unprepared: So many options to chose from, so many new things to try out!
Mango chai latte? Hell yeah! (I will come and get you next time, promise!) Lactose free almond ice cream? Baby, I'm yours!

Mamma Mia (film): Is there anyone in the world who doesn't like this film? The music, the setting and of course Meryl Streep being as marvellous as usual - everything is pure, summery perfection.  It is one of those films that leave you in such a happy mood, that you feel like hugging everyone who comes your way.
So, I sat there singing and laughing and crying and finally calling my mother at 11 p.m, because I felt like talking to her so much. Maybe you should know that this is actually "our" film and the scene when Meryl Streep sings "slipping through my fingers" gets me every time.

Lazy Sunday: After this long Friday and a productive Saturday I was determined to use my energy and go to the gym again today. If only last night had been a bit better. I had so much trouble falling asleep and too many stressful things occupied my mind with the result that I had extremly disturbing dreams (once I actually managed to get some sleep). 
When I woke up I felt knocked out (aside from my sore muscles from yesterday's workout) and decided that I would use this day entirely for recreation. So I curled up on my couch with a bowle of rice pudding watching girly films.
Except for writing this blog post I did nothing worth mentioning and damn, it felt so good!
Selfmade rice pudding with strawberries freshly picked from my balcony <3 br="">
So, that was my week in a nutshell. Nothing major, nothing fancy,but enjoyable nonetheless. It reminded me of the fact that sometimes you just need to make some time for yourself to recover and do the things you want to do. It also taught me to listen to my body and its needs. There is no use in trying to work your ass off at the gym when your body doesn't feel up to doing it.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment