Monday, 30 December 2013

Au revoir 2013, brace yourselves for 2014!

2013 is coming to an end and like every year you start to recapitulate what happened throughout the year. Which experiences were especially memorable – either in a good or a bad way? What changes did you go through? Was there anything that made you feel grateful or appreciate life more? What mistakes did you make?

To me, 2013 was a year with a lot of mixed feelings. I was sad many times, because life at uni did not quite work out the way I wanted it. I failed my last Japanese exam and my bachelor thesis did not turn out as good, as I had planned it. However I got accepted for the masters course I had decided for.

Furthermore there were some events on a more personal and even more emotional level, which were not too nice. After nearly one and a half years I still do not have the guts to tell my former neighbour how I feel about him. We did not see each other as much as in 2012 and I miss our evenings together on the sofa watching movies and playing videogames. There were two ambiguous incidents towards the end of the year (Halloween in particular), which ignited a spark of hope inside me, but then again it came to nothing – as always.
Tomorrow will be New Year's Eve and I will go out with him a few other friends.

So, „it's now or never“, isn't it?

Probably the most exciting thing to me in 2013 was moving into an appartment, inhabited only by my humble self. It was hard to leave something behind, that was so precious to me. The two girls, whom I shared the appartment with, were my friends since middle school and watching „The Emperor's new Groove“ or anything Monty Python related is only real fun, if they are there. Now, we go seperate ways, but I enjoy being on my own. It is definitely more work, but the move itself was so stressful, that the thought of staying within these 33m² is very tempting.

On another note, I started to live a little bit healthier, which means more veggies and less sweets and also more exercise. Of course, I did nothing productive during the Holidays and now I feel just as sluggish as before, but I feel like I will get the hang of it again pretty quickly.

Of course there were a lot more little things, that made this year worth remembering – meetings with the most amazing friends in the world, starting to work part-time, discovering new wonderful films and last but not least there was the addition of a new member to our family:

A second pug!
Jule is loud, quirky, sometimes a real pain in the butt, but once she comes to sit on your lap and cuddle, everything you were angry about is forgotten.

Tomorrow 2013 will end. I am not sure what is going to happen on that evening – IF something is going to happen at all, but 2014 is right around the corner and it feels like it is going to be a good year, apart from the usual little catastrophes.

Always remember, that you are responsible for your life. Try to see the good in everything and in case something goes wrong: Who the hell cares? If you fail an exam, it will not be the end of the world. If you embarass yourself, laugh about it (once it is over). Try to be more courageous and do new things (says the girl, who has been hiding her feeling from her crush for one and a half years ).
Maybe, 2013 was not your year, but life is too precious to get all snivelling.
Get moving instead!

I wish everyone out there an amazing start into the new year, health and happiness <3 span="">

No comments:

Post a Comment