Tuesday, 17 September 2013

That autumn feeling

When I woke up one morning it was suddenly autumn.
The leafs had started to turn brown and fall from the trees. It rained and even now it is raining.
The air in the early mornings is crisp and tingly on my bare cheeks.
However, when the sun comes out, everything is soaked into this rich golden sheen – like honey.

Many people start to complain, because summer is slowly fading away now.
The days are getting shorter, the nights longer.
It is harder to get out of bed in the morning. Even harder than it already is.

But I have to admit, that I love autumn.
I love snuggling up on my couch, watching old movies.
I love lying in bed, listening to the rain and I even love that feeling when you feel this instant warmth when you walk into your home after a cold and wet day.
I love wearing thick pullovers and fuzzy socks.
I love the melancholic atmosphere, giving me slight chills every now and then.

Summer, you have been very kind to us this year, but now it is time to let go.
At least for now.

Autumn, long time no see.
I was waiting for you and I can not wait to see what you have in mind for me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment