Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Patience - Impatience

Patience is a virtue.

It makes life a lot easier for you, because it makes it easier to wait - no matter if it might be an event, a person or just the right moment to do something.
Personally, I've never been a patient person. As a child I used to sneak into my grandparents' bedroom to look for my christmas present. When I was invited to somewhere, I could not sleep nights before, because I was so impatient and just wanted this special moment to arrive.

Nowadays I am not worried about Christmas anymore, but I still have this inner nervousness.
Sometimes I am just impatient for something to be over:
Exams, official phone calls and meetings, a long day at work and other inconvenient happenings of life...
Other times there is this unbearable waiting for something you long for:
A trip with your friends, the weekend, a date, a kiss, holding hands for the first time...
Is it not strange how many of the things I mentioned are love related?

Of course everyone has got his own priorities, but we have at least one thing in common:
Sometimes, we have to wait.

People who are naturally patient might say:
There's nothing to worry about. My moment will come soon enough.“

People who are like me might say:
„Why can't tomorrow be today? And why can't next week be this week?“

And just like that you end up wasting a lot of your precious time by thinking only about the future and forgetting to live in the present.

Am I the only one who thinks, that this sound very cheesy?

But still, I can not deny the truth behind this phrase. Even at the moment I am so impatient for something particular to happen, that I can not focus my mind on other things.
Things I actually HAVE to do and things I might be able to instead.

Impatience is a blockade.
Patience is a virtue.

But is patience something you can learn? Something you can cultivate?

Maybe I am cursed to live my life in this fast-forward-mode, jumping from one supposedly important happening to the next one, not caring about the little things that happen in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment